Table of Contents
- 1 How do I completely Reset my computer Windows 8?
- 2 How do I restore my computer to factory settings Windows 8 without CD?
- 3 How do you delete everything on a Windows 8 computer?
- 4 How do I reset my Windows 8 laptop to factory settings?
- 5 How do I factory reset my computer without a disk?
- 6 What to do if Windows reset is stuck?
- 7 How do you completely clean your computer?
- 8 Does reinstalling Windows 8.1 Delete everything?
How do I completely Reset my computer Windows 8?
How To Perform a Hard Reset in Windows 8
- Hover your mouse over the right top (or right bottom) corner of your screen to bring up the Charms menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select More PC Settings at the bottom.
- Select General then select either Refresh or Reset.
How do I restore my computer to factory settings Windows 8 without CD?
Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “Reset” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
How do I Reset my computer’s data?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do you delete everything on a Windows 8 computer?
If you’re using Windows 8.1 or 10, wiping your hard drive is easy.
- Select Settings (the gear icon on the Start menu)
- Select Update & security, then Recovery.
- Choose Remove everything, then Remove files and clean the drive.
- Then click Next, Reset, and Continue.
How do I reset my Windows 8 laptop to factory settings?
The steps are:
- Start Windows 8.
- Go to Settings either by swiping in from the right edge of the screen or by pointing the mouse in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click Change PC Settings.
- Click Update and recovery.
- Click Recovery.
- Under the Remove everything and reinstall Windows section, click Get started.
How do I fix Windows 8.1 ran into a problem?
c) Click on “Repair your computer” from the lower left corner. d) From the “Choose an option screen”, click on “Troubleshoot”. e) Click “Advanced Options” in the “Troubleshoot” screen. f) In the “Advanced Options” screen, click “Automatic Repair”.
How do I factory reset my computer without a disk?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
What to do if Windows reset is stuck?
9 Solutions to Fix Windows 10 Reset is Stuck
- Wait for Sometime.
- Unplug Internet Connection (Ethernet Cable)
- Use Windows Recovery Environment for Start Reset Again.
- Run Startup Repair in Windows Recovery Environment.
- Run the SFC Scan.
- Make Changes in BIOS Settings.
- Execute Commands.
- Perform a System Restore.
How do I restart Windows?
Use Ctrl + Alt + Delete
- On your computer keyboard, hold down the control (Ctrl), alternate (Alt), and delete (Del) keys at the same time.
- Release the keys and wait for a new menu or window to appear.
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, click the Power icon.
- Select between Shut Down and Restart.
How do you completely clean your computer?
- Open Settings.
- Tap System and expand the Advanced drop-down.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data.
- Tap Reset Phone, enter your PIN, and select Erase Everything.
Does reinstalling Windows 8.1 Delete everything?
Reinstall Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 without losing any data, installed programs or settings. Apps that came with your PC and apps you installed from the Microsoft Store will be reinstalled. Windows puts a list of removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.
How do I get to the boot menu on Windows 8?
F12 key method
- Turn the computer on.
- If you see an invitation to press the F12 key, do so.
- Boot options will appear along with the ability to enter Setup.
- Using the arrow key, scroll down and select .
- Press Enter.
- The Setup (BIOS) screen will appear.
- If this method does not work, repeat it, but hold F12.